Monday, January 26, 2015

Brainstorming Topics

Topic: The Before and Beginning of Mankind

(Image pulled from Creativity Now)

Comments: I chose this topic because I don’t know the back-story of Adam and Eve. The Bible shares very little about them; furthermore, I think it would be really interesting to learn more about them, even if it is just other people’s assumptions and hunches. It would be time well spent for me.

Possible Stories: I do not know what books outside the Bible that would be good to read, besides the two that are on the un-textbook; however, I know my friends in seminary have read books about Adam and Eve, so I am sure they can point me in good directions to find good books about the two.

Sample Story Comments: I found a poem written about not only Adam and Eve, but it included the fall of Satan as well. It goes back to the beginning of it all. It goes into more detail about Satan’s rebellion and the archangel, Michael, who defeated him.

Bibliography Information:
Book Title: Paradise Lost
Book Author: John Milton
Year: 1667

Topic: Robin Hood the Good, or Robin Hood the Bad

Comments: I have always loved the story of Robin Hood; I tend to always think of him as the good guy. I want to attack this story from multiple shoes, and would he be a good guy or bad guy in modern times?

Possible Stories: I could attack this topic from so many angles. This will be very easy to find stories with different viewpoints on the tales of Robin Hood. I really want to create a modern day Robin Hood, and see if the views of him would change. I think in today’s time, people would say he is bad.

Sample Story: I found a story where Robin Hood robs three-wicked priest. I could definitely pick apart the characters in this story and place them in a modern setting to analyze if Robin Hood was just or unjust.

Bibliography Information:
Book Author: Frances James Child
Year: 1882


Topic: Native American Hero Tales

Comments: I have always loved Native American cultures. I know all of them were oral cultures (some changed to written after contact with the Whites), and the way to learn about and oral culture is through their stories.

Possible Stories: Not only are there multiple stories from the Un-Textbook, but I have a storybook from Creek Nation that contains 90+ stories to pull from

Sample Story: I studied a story that teaches the Creeks about discipline and focus in everyday lives. It is very fascinating stuff, and good insight to how their culture was in the past before contact.

Bibliography Information:
Book Title: New Fire
Book Author: Earnest Gouge
Year: 2004

Topic: Noah and the Great Flood

Comments: Noah is one of my favorite stories in the Bible, and I think it would be fun to create a storybook now that Hollywood is adding their own spin as well.

Possible Stories: The Bible itself creates a fascinating stetting to the story of Noah. That plus the visuals people have from Hollywood only enhance the ways I could spin the project

Sample Story: The Bible does a good job of describing the man Noah is, as well as God’s characteristics. I should have no problem creating an awesome project with this topic

Bibliography Information:
Book Title: The Bible
Book Author: King James Bible

Year: 1611

No comments:

Post a Comment