Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Reading Diary A: Dante's Inferno


I chose to read Dante’sInferno for my reading unit, and I am so glad I decided to! I have always heard that it was an amazing peace, and I knew that it was about Dante describing his experience in Hell; however, this has been my favorite unit, and I now want to read all of Dante’s Inferno. The section in the first half that stuck out the most was The Gates of Hell and Charon. The writing over the entrance immediately gave me chills. How terrible it would be to see writing like that and still have to go through. Later on the section mentions people willing to cross over, I just could not imagine that. Those people literally lost all hope and there was never going to be any hope of a better circumstance. The images of their faces soaked in blood and tears, and then to be eaten by worms, that is something I won’t be able to forget. This section was so dark, and it definitely set the stage for everything that followed in the later sections.
(Image from WikiArt)

No comments:

Post a Comment