Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Reading Diary B: Dante's Inferno


For the latter half of this reading unit I found it fitting to right about the Satan section of Dante's Inferno. The unit is about him experiencing Hell and you cannot obtain the true gravity without seeing Satan himself. I found it extremely interesting that Satan was stuck in ice. The rest of Hell involved fire intense heat, yet Satan was half frozen. I am very intrigued on why they are different. I also found in weird that Brutus and Cassius were both in the mouth of Satan, I completely understood why Judas was. Unlike Judas who betrayed Jesus for money, Brutus and Cassius betrayed Cesar because they thought it was for the best of the people. I just would not put them on the same level of evil as Judas. Their punishment was just horrific as well! I could not imagine constantly being chewed and grinded on for eternity. The pain and pressure that would constantly be there is far beyond comprehending, well most of the pain Dante mentions in beyond comprehending really. I also found it creepy when Dante said he felt in-between life and death. That really stresses the imagination big time! How can you imagine something like that? This was a really interesting and good unit to read for sure.
(Image from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment