Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Reading Diary B: Beowulf Unit

The stories I loved the most were Battle with the Dragon and TheEnd of Beowulf from the Beowulf Unit. Both stories are about the battle with the dragon, and I loved it all the way from start to finish. The detail the author goes into is so great! When Beowulf called out the dragon, chills went down my back when I read it. I also liked the side note of Wiglaf laughing. I just enjoyed seeing the glimpse of friendship those two shared. The battle itself was describe so well, I felt like I was right there watching it all. I was also able to picture the magnitude of the dragon and all the raw power it possessed. Describing the detail of the flames and the heat from them, the toughness of the scales, and even the strength of the dragon gave me an awesome picture of what the author was illustrating.


I loved how Beowulf’s life ended. He died the way he intended, in battle and a legend. I loved his last words as well; he was a true hero. His last words were of forgiveness and love, which is probably the best last words anyone could say. There was no fear of death or regret. Beowulf was a true man till the very end.
(Image from Pixgood)

No comments:

Post a Comment