Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Reading Diary B :Celtic Fairy Tales I


I absolutely loved TheStory of Ivan in the later half of the Celtic Fairy Tale I Unit. This story is loved easy to apply to daily life. The over arching theme that I took away from it is: money cannot buy happiness and it is not everything. I cannot agree more with this statement, and Ivan probably agrees as well. Ivan gave up three years wages for advice on life, and it paid him back in full. I also took away the importance of listening to the old and wise. The way I read the story, I assume that the farmer is old, and old age brings on a lot of wisdom. The farmer was nice enough to share what he has learned with Ivan, and Ivan was smart enough to listen. I also like that in the end, Ivan still got his three years wages even though he did not need it. If you do not make money the priority, then you will not be bothered when you have none or too much, and that is the way I want to live.
(Image from the Richest)

No comments:

Post a Comment