Friday, April 17, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Grimm (Ashliman) Unit


The Elves section from the Grimm (Ashliman) unit was my favorite from the first half. It had a happy ending which was a very nice surprise considering it is a Grimm fairy tale. This unit in general was as dark as I was expecting it to be, but I was not expecting to have a story that was so cheerful and without and conflict. The story had such and simple and pleasant plot.  The old man was blessed tremendously by the elves and he was so thankful too! He never forgot where his fortune came from, and when he realized that the elves had nothing, he and his wife returned the blessings to the elves. I am really curious about the elves, and I wonder what their motive was to help in the first place. I would like to think that they saw the situation the man was in, and just wanted to help without anything in return. I just liked the picture of love this little story created. I do not know if I am reading into this too deep, but I feel that this is how the world should be. We should look to bless others and always remember who has blessed us, and constantly be thankful and charitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment